The Purpose of Experience


When asking someone what the purpose of going to college is they may respond in a variety of different ways. To me the purpose of going to college is of course to pursue the highest education possible in an attempt to stand out in an oversaturated job market. However, I also think college is an excellent tool that can help me find more out about myself and who I am on my own. College can also be great preparation for adult life where your responsibilities increase and your time management is essential. I think all of the previously mentioned “purposes” are all equally important and valid reasons for why college is important to any one individual. When focusing on a smaller topic like this class, I think my goals are easier to identify than when looking at college. In this class my goal is to apply myself to the fullest extent possible even if that means I fail miserably. I want to leave the classroom everyday and go to bed every night knowing that I gave it my entire effort and the outcome is reflective of my true abilities. 

(Isaac Parks The Pros and Cons of Being a Working Student 2021)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog